Friday, January 24, 2014

Maestro-Volante

I went to the music room, trying to find peace, luckily the room was unoccupied and students were all busy, so I had the room for myself, and when I found peace, I opened my cello case and went through some music sheets. Lots to play, the  L'enfance du Christ title popped, I remembered mom wanted me to play this piece, but I was just not in the mood, i didn't want to. I shuffled the sheets and found Canon in D by Pachelbel, classic tune. It was the lightest sheets I had so I decided to play that tune. It was simple, elegant, romantic, and very much soothing. 

After awhile, I packed my cello, get out of music room and walked back to class. History was interesting, it was shocking but i was really motivated, i took notes and managed to listen to every detail Mr. Dolton said. I was startled when the bell rang loudly, time flew to fast. I grabbed my Tory Burch backpack and headed to the parking lot. I searched for Bruce, but he didn't showed, I searched for the white Mercedes-benz, No, it wasn't there.. I waited, I sat on the bench and gazed the parking lot, looking at cars that passed by, 5 minutes.. 10 minutes.. 15.. 20.. 25..30.. 



Me : Hey Bruce, where are you? 

Bruce : Miss Hallman, Mrs. Hallman appointed me to Brooklyn to get some paperwork signed, do you want me to pick you up now? 
Me : Brooklyn? 
Bruce : Yes Miss Hallman, Brooklyn. Do you want me to send Sam to you?
Me: Umm..(Sam was Dad's chauffeur and dad was always with Sam for a couple weeks since he was busy with concerts rehearsals) That's okay, I'll wait for you. Could you pick me up at the coffee shop across the school?
Bruce : Certainly, Miss Hallman, I'll be there as soon as possible
Me : Thanks Bruce. 

I hung up the phone, then suddenly a familiar low voice called from behind.

Apollo : Miss Hallman, you're still hear? (his voice was surprised) 
Me : Yeah (I was surprised myself, he bumped into me 3 times today) 
Apollo : You want a ride? I'd be happy to take you home.
Me : No thank you, I'm going to get myself some coffee.

he smiled and looked down, he was quiet and i realized he was waiting for my invitation


Me : Do you want to join me? (I asked valiantly) 

Apollo : (he gave me I-thought-you-never-ask stare and smiled, there was a brief pause and my heart skipped a beat) Of course (he said, finally!)

He walked beside me, saying nothing. It was agonizing, the silent made it very tense and awkward between us though he seemed to be absolutely oblivious about it. 


We entered the coffee shop, he opened the door and held it to let me in, I walked to the cashier and ordered one hot skinny mocha,


Me : What do you want to drink? 

Apollo : I'll have an iced expresso, and a chocolate chip cookie, please
Waiter: that'd be $16.40. 

Apollo handed $20 before I opened my wallet, I stare at him, it was ME who asked him to join ME for a cup of coffee, yet it was HIM who paid for both of us. 


Apollo : What? (he raised and eyebrow, puzzled by my expression) 

Me : I was supposed to treat you the coffee, not the opposite
Apollo : (he had this huge warm grin on his face, so gratifying) it's what gentleman do 

My heart was going to explode, why does little things he did was so... overwhelmingly impressive. i flushed and shook my head


Me: Thank you (i whisper) 

Apollo : You're very welcome 

I sat and stare through the window, Apollo joined me with a plate of Chocolate Chip Cookie and our coffee. 


Apollo : So, Ms Hallman, when do you suggest I come to enjoy your performance? (He asked with a hint of amusement on his face) 

Me : (Geez, is he serious? I shook my heada) Maybe, never? I don't think my performance is enjoyable.
Apollo : You played beautifully, Viola. (His face turned serious)
Me : (Shit! it was like Deja vu!) You called me Viola? 
Apollo : (He narrowed his eyebrows) it is your name right? 
Me : yes, (I breathed)..
Apollo : Is something wrong? 
Me : No. (no, i was just remembering my dream! I gazed through the window) 
Apollo: You skate? (He asked when i saw a bunch of roller derby girls skated by the window) 
Me : No, i don't skate.
Apollo : why? 
Me : I can't (I flushed) I'm utterly uncoordinated.
Apollo : Well, I am an excellent skater, i could teach you. (he grinned, proud. So superb physics lover and an excellent skater huh?)
Me : I don't think so.
Apollo: You don't think I'm an excellent skater or teacher? 
Me : No (i giggled) i think you'll be an excellent teacher and skater of course, I'm more concern that I'm not going to be a good student, and I'll have a problem with that. 
Apollo : (he shook his head and smirked) High Achievement Syndrome huh? 
Me : (nodded) 

He sipped his coffee with a straw he held and his other hand on the cookie, he looked famished. I enjoyed the view of this drop-dead gorgeous boy in front of me. His spiky dark blonde hair all neat and clean, his jaw line hardened as he chewed the cookie, his eyes were flaming with hunger boy he loved his cookie. The school uniform suited him well, the soft blue collar, and the dark blue tie neatly hanging from his neck. He realized i was watching.


Apollo : Want some? (feeling guilty that he didn't offer me some before he ate half of it) 

Me : No (i smiled) I'm not hungry
Apollo : why are you staring? 
Me : Nothing (I can't hide my smile) 
Apollo : Do i amused you?
Me : a bit, you eat funny (I realized his mouth was full while he was talking) 
Apollo : Glad you find it funny. (He chewed and swallow) I'm starving.
Me : Help yourself, you look like you are. 
Apollo : (chuckles) You're weird you know. (he raised an eyebrow, GAH that eyebrow) 
Me : Me? Weird? I think you're weird? 
Apollo : how? (he looked perplexed)
Me : Well, you were all cool and taciturn yesterday, today you were carefree and warm.
Apollo : Huh!? (He was surprised by my answer) I guess you have something to do with it. (he smiled at me sincerely) 

My heart went Volante, flying swiftly with the mild August breeze. Apollo Harp was swooning me. Though my heart was all levitating, my mind tried to stay calm, keep it under control. I have to be cool, i didn't want him to think I'm easy to get. Come back to Earth Vi!


No comments:

Post a Comment