Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Maestro-Scherzando

The rehearsal finished and Mom and I went back home. She tried to persuade me to play the cello for the Christmas Performance. I said nothing, i was quiet. I could not altered my mind from Apollo. I must not fall for him, I must not fall for him! I said to myself silently.

The time we reached home, I hastily went upstair and dropped my bag and cello case on the floor. I threw myself to the bed and looked up to the ceiling wallpaper which was changed by Marla, my housekeeper, to the night sky mode. She knew stars helped me to sleep well at night. I ran to the bathroom and decided to take a bath. I asked Marla to set the water while I do my homework. I took a bath, cleaned, and then I fell asleep.

***
Apollo : You played beautifully, Viola
Me : You called me Viola
Apollo: You prefer Ms. Hallman? (getting closer)
Me : (flushed) Viola is fine.
Apollo : I Wish i could call you by other name.
Me : (flustered) like what?
Apollo : My.... (smirked)

***
I opened my eyes and breaths, it was just a dream, it was not a nightmare, but why did my heart pounded so fast? I was shocked and utterly confused, I never dreamed of a man before, and this dream of Apollo really was the first time.

I glanced up and looked for my alarm, it was 5.30 in the morning, still too early. I tried to sleep again but my effort was wasted, i could not go back to sleep. I laid on my bed, my mind was scattered, i was so captivated. I tossed and turned, and by 7.00 am I got up from the bed and get ready for school.

Bruce opened the door by the time we reached the school parking lot. I scooted out from the car, grabbing my Tory Burch and walked to the west entrance. I walked slowly, secretly looking for Apollo, and then I saw him, closing his car door, swiftly swung one strap of his Oakley and let the other strap unhang, he locked the doors and glided to the entrance. I noticed some girls gave him a stare, i wondered why isn't he famous? All girls were swoon by his charm, why was his name unfamiliar to the society? I guessed it was because the football club guys were the hottest topic so that girls wouldn't really focus on taciturn guys like Apollo.

Apollo gazed up and smiled at me, Crap! I was caught staring, I flushed and looked down, I speed up a bit to get out from the brief embarrassment. As I hastily strolled the crowded hall, I saw Daisy and Josh, flirting to each other, i wanted to say hi but i thought that greeting them would interrupt the flirting, so I passed them. I reached my locker, put my combination number and open the door when suddenly,

Apollo : Good Morning, Ms. Hallman. (showing from behind of the door)
Me : (shocked) Geez.. (inhale) Hi! (my voice was rather pitchy)
Apollo : Were you running away from me?
Me : No (yes!) I was in a hurry (i lied)
Apollo : Seems like you were avoiding me, are you?
Me  : No (well.. yeah a bit) Why would I try to avoid you? (because I'm afraid to embarrass myself infront of you.. again!)
Apollo : That's what I want to know (He walked to the other side, crosses his arms and lean on the other side locker)
Me : Well, I'm not avoiding you, so.. (Stay cool Hallman!)
Apollo : (snickers) well then, see you around!

he walked away.. Well, he was in a good mood, surprisingly very warm today. I grabbed my biology book, Physics notes, and History book. The bell rang and we all started to enter our class. I actually could not wait for physics, I hoped he is going to be there.
The day was so long until it was finally physics class, I entered the class, but there was no Apollo, he was nowhere near the lab, and i was quite disappointed, but I managed the lessons though i have to admit it was a challenge.

I exited the lab, and was heading to the locker when Apollo showed up and strolled with me to my locker, startling me, he walked beside me, shoulder broad, one hand on the hanged strap and all grinning..

Apollo : Miss me?
Me : (I started to feel irritated) Excuse me?
Apollo : (he smirked, very cool smirk) How was physics?
Me : fine (good, simple answer)
Apollo : You know, you could ask me anything about your assignments, i'd be happy to help (he said proudly)
Me : I'll keep that in mind (I pause) what's up with you today? (woo, easy girl)
Apollo: What? (confused)
Me : You are quite chipper today. (We reached my locker, i opened it)
Apollo : huh (trying to sound like he was surprised) I liked to hear you play again. (he was looking at my cello, he changed topic)
Me : I'm not that good (i can't play in front of you!)
Apollo: A Hallman not good at music? (snorts)
Me: What? You know me?
Apollo : Viola Hallman, daughter of  Mark Hallman the famous prosperous composer and Gillian Hallman the award winning musical director. Yeah I know.
Me : you know a lot about me. (I flushed again, wow HE KNOWS ME! I didn't asked how, he would probably googled me, HE GOOGLED ME!)
Apollo : not much (he grins)
Me : I know nothing about you, see that's not fair! (I frown)
Apollo: there's nothing much to know (his smile fade)
Me: I'm sure that's not true, we should make this even.
Apollo: (grunt) well, what do you want to know?
Me : (you have no idea the list i made about the things i want to know about you) well.. umm.. I'm still curious about the deal between you and Mrs. Garcia.
Apollo: (serious) Well (he paused for like 10 seconds, and i didn't mind staring at him thinking) Let's say it's for extra credit.
Me : it's not something you should be ashamed of, why didn't you tell me yesterday?
Apollo :  So what is you next lesson? (he looked bothered, angry even)
Me: well, I'm free now and I'll have history at 1.00 am, I would like to practice cello now before i let you listen (I tried to amuse him, and it worked!)
Apollo: I'm looking forward to it (he smiled, Geez it's so hot!), gotta go, Chemistry, see you around! (he fisted his hand and gently bumped his knuckles to my shoulder)

Apollo was very playful today, all Scherzando, and I liked it! I wondered if he is playful kind of guy or the serious kind of guy? I don't care actually, I was just glad he was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment