Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Maestro - Primo Uomo

I went outside of the school, took a deep breath and walked to the coffee shop daisy was talking about. The air wasn't cool, wasn't hot either. I enjoyed the brief mild weather while walking to the shop. I entered the shop and saw Daisy, and her cheerleader friends chatting and chittering about the football team and whom among them were the hottest. I was quite unfamiliar with that kind of talk. I was considering to leave them and just go home, but too late, Daisy saw me and there was no escape from Daisy, she could make you eat dirt if she wants to, she just knew how.

Daisy : Vi! Sit here!
Me : Okay (hesitant)
Daisy : So?
Me : What?
Daisy : got the calculator?
Me : Oh, yeah (unexcited)
Daisy : What's wrong?
Me : nothing
Daisy : you sure?
Me : (tried to put my perky face on) Yea
Daisy: (confused) Well, okay then
Me : i'd better buy some coffee
Daisy : okay come back soon

I tried to avoid guy talk, it wasn't my thing. I walked to the counter and ordered hot skinny mocha, my favorite. I waited on the counter. I looked to the window beside the counter facing my school, My eyes popped when I saw Apollo come out from the entrance while whirling his car keys and swiftly went down couple of stairs to reach the street. He walked to his car parked not far from the entrance, just 3 cars away. He went inside his toyota and then gone. No sooner had his car driven away, my coffee was ready and I walked back to Daisy.

Daisy : So, Apollo Harp huh?
Me: What?
Daisy : I saw you starring at him across the street, you like him don't you? (teasing)
Me : No
Daisy's friend : Oh please, we saw you honey, your eyes were following him
Me : i didn't realize it
Daisy : Crap Vi! You like him! Your first crush! So exciting!
Me : Daisy!

I was embarrassed. Daisy embarrassed me, and the most annoying part was she was right. I was in awe,  I was falling for Apollo Harp and i don't know why.

Me : Besides, what is to like?
Daisy : You gotta admit, he's hot
Daisy's friend : he's not popular though.
Daisy : it doesn't matter, he's still hot
Me : are you sure I'm the one who likes him?
Daisy : Nah, I'm stuck with Josh....

The girls continued about Josh and the other football guys. I was glad they didn't brought up Apollo again during the conversation. I stayed quite while they gossiped, I was thinking about what Daisy said, my first crush. I thought about it hard, it's too soon to conclude that Apollo Harp as the first guy i liked, I kept chanting this mantra in my head, "He's not my Primo Uomo I liked, he's not going to be. I won't let myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment