Friday, January 31, 2014

Maestro-Slur

I gaped at him for awhile, I breathed and acted as cool as I could be, this was a huge change, he called me by my first name, he bought me coffee, he complimented me, he flirted with me (maybe not, I was clueless about his moves).

Me : Are you playing with me? (Geez, where did that courage come form?)
Apollo : I don't understand what do you mean? (he looked genuinely lost)

I shook my head, a rush of fear ran through my body. Please don't play with me! Please don't toy my feelings! I'm not that experienced!

Me : Can I ask another question?
Apollo : (amused) you are asking me a question Viola, (he paused and cleaned his full of cookie crumble mouth with his thumb) what is it?
Me : Are you always socially concealed?
Apollo: Yes, I like it that way, why?
Me : (oh!) just curious, you seemed to have a lot of fans though.
Apollo: Based on what evidence Ms. Hallman? (he leaned forward and placed both of his elbow on the table, crossing his fingers together, interviewing)
Me : Well (I gulped, and I sensed that he noticed my gulp, he smiled sweetly, acting innocent though he knew he was making me nervous) I noticed that every time you walk down the hall, lots of girls stare at you, but you rarely show yourself, and your name is foreign to lots of students. I just wondered why is that?
Apollo : Quite an observation you have there, Ms. Hallman.
Me : (I flushed, speechless)
Apollo : The answer to your question is because I like being concealed, I like to be alone and unknown. I am not a good people person so I remain silent and so far I enjoy it. I think you know how I feel about that. (he raised an eyebrow)
Me : Yeah, fame isn't my thing either. My mom and dad are famous for what they've done and fame is a privilege that I'm not quite fond of.
Apollo : Really? You're not fond of fame?
Me : I don't hate it,  but I don't love it either. It's just that i want to be recognized for something I did, not because of what my parents do or done.
Apollo :  I see ( he leaned back, crossing his arms this time and he looked surprised)
Me : What?
Apollo : Nothing (he shook his head) You surprised me that's all (he stared to my eyes intensely)
Me : Thank you, i guess. (I looked away to my coffee mug, holding it with both of my hands)
Apollo : What do you want to be recognized for?
Me : I don't know, anything. (Why are you so interested?) Probably related with music, or science. Whichever is fine.
Apollo : Science? (Interested)
Me : Astronomy (I admitted), I'd like to discover more about what's outside Earth, if that's possible.
Apollo : Anything is possible, Viola.
Me : How about you? (enough about me!)
Apollo : What I wanted to do?
Me : (I nodded)
Apollo : I don't know. I haven't got the inspiration. I used to dream of becoming an engineer or running a corporation or maybe ... (he paused, bothered by a memory)
Me : Used to? Not anymore? (trying to distract him)

He shook his head, his face was impassive. He seemed lost, how I wished that he was motivated. He turned his face and gazed through the window. He was thinking about something, I thought he was thinking about his past. I was feeling very awkward, he realized that I was uncomfortable with the silent, it was not the silence that bothered me really, it was more bothering for me to stare at him all the time. I just didn't want to make myself gaped at him in awe because of his physically attractive self.

Apollo : Why do you like to look down?
Me : (I wanted to stare at you, but I shouldn't) I was checking my phone ( I made an excuse)
Apollo : Your mother's looking for you?
Me : No, I was just checking for messages. (I smiled politely), it has been half an hour, don't you want to go home?
Apollo : and what? leave you alone? (he sounded like he was with me because it was "the gentleman thing to do")
Me : You don't have to stay if you don't want to (I said sourly)
Apollo : (smirked, amused) Are you telling me to go?
Me : No, I just don't want to keep you here when you have some other things to do, I"ll be fine.
Apollo : Why Miss Hallman, I like to keep you accompany, you mind?

I could not hide my smile, I shook my head, giving him a "No, I don't mind" shake. He was so kind and warm, he tried to make me comfortable, he was asking me questions, joking around, and we laughed together frequently.

Apollo : (his laugh was voluming down) So, what do you think of Mrs. Garcia?
Me : Oh! She's an amazing woman, but she teaches like the stream, she just don't stop to breath. She slurred all the way until the bell rings.
Apollo : She does!(he agreed) One time, she was so excited to teach us about vectors and she was explaining it thoroughly fast and without pause, at the end of the class, the class was eye-wide all gaping at her as she found herself breathing rapidly. (He laughed)
Me : (I giggled) She did?
Apollo : Yeah! She sat down all exhausted and said, "I need to sit down" (He gave me the school-boy grin)
Me : She is awesome though.
Apollo : She is. (agreeing)

We talked about teachers, friends, dreams, and lots of stuff. The conversation went on and on. We were laughing, and then all serious, then laughing again. Apollo was curious and a very good listener, I never felt so comfortable talking to someone else about my thoughts and opinions, but with Apollo, I felt free. Time flew so fast with him.

A white Mercedes-benz parked outside the window.

Me : That's my queue ( I grabbed my Tory Burch, stood up slowly)
Apollo : (He took a strap of his Oakley, stood up slowly, reflecting me) It was great chatting with you Ms. Hallman. (Guh! He was back to formality)
Me : hmm ( I smiled, agreeing) likewise. Thank you for the coffee.
Apollo : You're welcome (He led me to the door and opened it for me) After you.

I passed him and smiled.

Apollo : See you around, (He smiled, he fisted his knuckles, and aim at my shoulder, but he hastily cancel his intention and gave me his hand to shake)

I took his hand hesitantly and shook it formally. Even in the brief handshake Apollo's charm was all over me. His polite smile and his slightly rough man hand caress my unexperienced heart softly. I turned around and headed to the car and went inside. He watched me intensively until the car drove away.

No comments:

Post a Comment