Thursday, January 2, 2014

Maestro - Fantasia

The girls seemed to be having a lot of fun, and I was bored with what they were talking about. I looked at my phone, It was 4.30 pm. I made an excuse to Daisy, saying that my Mom texted me and she wanted me home. So Daisy released me and so did her friends. I waved sweetly to them and walked outside the shop. I called my driver and I waited for 10 minutes before he picked me up.

When i went inside, Bruce was talking to the phone, he said yes Maam, and hang up the phone.

Bruce : Ms. Hallman, Mrs. Hallman appointed me to take you to the Grand Hall after school. 
Me : well,... okay then. 
Bruce: She told me to make sure you bring your Cello with you Ms. Hallman.
Me : (Crap! I left it in my locker, i put it in after i practiced in that dark abandoned physics room) Bruce! I don't have it with me! 
Bruce : Do you want to go home first? 
Me : Crap Bruce, does she sounds in a hurry? 
Bruce : She is. 
Me : well then, we have no time, just drive Bruce, i'll  figure something out. 

Mom wouldn't be happy. She was a very rigid woman with a very high disciplinary expectation. She was absolutely perfectionist and i thought it was her demands that made most of her staff worshiped  her. She has this persona that made everyone bowed to her command. But despite all that, she was a loving mother, she thought about me most of her time. She was lovely, and this is the other quality that made her staff loved and worshiped her. 

My mind whirled hard, what could be my excuses? Saying that i forgot to bring my Cello wasn't a good excuse, she would just scolded me for an hour. Saying that i broke my stick was much worse, and didn't make any sense since my stick was new. Saying that a friend borrowed it, still was not a good one.  I was clueless for what i should said. No sooner had the car arrived its destination than i reached into the decision to tell her the truth. I hoped she would just be cool with it for once. 

I sprinted to the main hall, and stopped before the door, I combed my long hair roughly with my hands and arranged my bangs, checked my uniform and tug my shirt inside my skirt. Pulled my socks higher and patted my shoulder. Neat enough, I entered the room while striving for elegance, my mom said that no matter what you wear, even just a shirt and shorts or even school uniform, you must keep your chin up. 

Mom : Darling, Where have you been? Where's your cello? 
Me : I'm sorry mom, i left it in my locker after practicing. (please don't yell at me) 
Mom : (she seemed pretty busy, she rushed) Well, that's okay. Now go and asked Bruce to pick up your cello at home. After that come with me and we'll watch the rehearsal, okay? (she turned around) Places everybody, we'll start in 5. 

I nodded and called Bruce to pick my cello at home, thank goodness i had two cello. 
I took a seat at the back of the hall but my mom forced me to sit beside her on the first row, so i did.

Mom taught the singers to warm up a bit and the singers followed her. After that mom shouted places and the singers got ready. It was their dress rehearsal and all the female singers were wearing tight Victorian dresses and the male singers were dressed like Romeo from "Romeo and Juliet". They sand the classic L'enfance du Christ by Hector Berlioz. It was going to be performed that Christmas. 

It was beautiful, I closed my eyes and listen to the melody. When i got calmer and calmer, Apollo's face showed in my mind, his face was stern like when we were in the class after school. His eyes were sparkling and  he was staring at me and his eyes was slowly getting closer to mine. His voice was soft, alluring and gentle. He looked down for couple second and he looked up with this cool smile, he inhaled some air and exhaled it slowly, he faced down again, crossing his arms, standing in this cool pose, his wearing the school unifor, light blue shirt tugged in and his sleeves were rolled to his elbow, his  tie was neatly tied and  and frown, his eyebrows were stiff and he said slowly and sincerely "See you around, Ms. Hallman." His face turned mysterious. 

Mom : What are you thinking Viola? 
Me : (drawn back to earth, shocked) Nothing mom, it's.. beautfiul 
Mom : Why, Thank you honey, glad you like it. I was thinking you could play along that's why I told you to bring your cello
Me: Mom? I don't think I'm ready. 
Mom: sure you are darling, you have plenty of time to practice
Me : Mom..
Mom : We'll talk about it later 

My Fantasia about Apollo was ruined with mom's command. 

No comments:

Post a Comment